Friday, February 8, 2013

Reboot Me Please!

It's been hectic around here. The boys are 3 1/2. They are defiant, independent and just plain goofy. The girl is 5 going on 15. We've been sick off and on for months. Even Max the cat has been sick. And the hubby is working more than I'm used to. Most  Some days, I just want to run away. Or scream. Or stomp my feet and throw my own temper tantrum. Oh and throw away everything on the living room floor.

After several consecutive days of crazy, I decided I needed to reboot. But it took a while to figure out how...

I ended up having a good cry, just to get the emotions out. I talked to other mom friends. Then I put on some good music and danced around the house. I prayed, had a girls' night and picked up some of the clutter around the house. I also cleaned my car and vacuumed it. 

Ya' know, I feel a lot better.

Sometimes I cope with stress in unhealthy ways: overeating, yelling at my kids or husband or both, getting depressed, complaining, etc. I think one of the keys to managing the preschool years is figuring out what you need so you can handle the crazy. 

I'm learning that I need time away from kids outside of the home. Girl's nights, MOPS, church meetings. They really help me find balance. I also love some good cardio, whether it's running in the neighborhood, yard work or dancing around the house. I feel better when my heart gets pumping. Finally, eliminating clutter gives me a sense of control over my environment. Even if I can't control the people in my home, I can  control what goes on the counter top.

I'm so very blessed to have my three little ones and stay home with them. When I'm overwhelmed, it's easy to forget that. Hope your day is stress-free, but if not, finding your own method to reboot is essential.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!