Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Before & After: End Table

I picked up this lovely end table at a garage sale a few weeks ago:


It had that old spotty finish on it, but I loved the curvy legs, size and shape.

I coated it with a can of spray primer (Kilz) and sanded it down smooth. Then, I painted it with two coats of cream paint in a matte finish. Next I applied a gray glaze, making sure to leave color in the cracks. I then distressed it by hand and finished it with two coats of wax.

I loooooove how it turned out!
It's for sale at The Nest Antiques. I hope it goes to a good home.


Need help transforming a piece that has great potential?
Send me an email at aliciaslittlehouse{at}gmail{dot}com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!