Sunday, September 18, 2011

Before & After: Teal Side Table

I picked up this fun little table at a yard sale a few weeks ago. I loved the curved edges and overall shape. The best part: the top drops down for easy storage.


The top was peeling a bit, so I sanded it down until smooth. The finish was very thin, so instead of priming, I opted to sand the entire piece. I followed with a custom blue-green color I mixed from some paints I had on hand.

I then distressed it, antiqued it with walnut stain and finished with wax.


I went for an extreme distressed look. I love how the dark finish shows through. I realize this amount of distressing is not for everyone, but I love it.

Here it is with the side folded down:


This little guy is for sale. If you're interested, send me an email at aliciaslittlehouse{at}gmail{dot}com. If I don't hear from anyone this week, I'll be taking it to sell at The Nest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!