Friday, September 30, 2011

God has a sense of humor

My almost-four-year-old says the sweetest things about God. So, I thought I'd share a few of them.

Driving past the hospital:
Emma: My momma was born there. And me, and Mike, and Tommy, and Daddy, and Jesus...

At night after reading Revelation in her children's Bible:
Emma: When are we gonna go to Jesus' big party?
Me: Not for a really long time.
Emma, with real tears: I wanna go NOW! Can we go tomorrow?

Talking about babies:
Emma: Momma, before we were in your tummy, did you cry out for us like the girl in the Bible? (Hannah)
Me, with real tears: I did baby.

Praying together at night:
Emma: Pray for the five babies in my tummy. (She likes to pretend she's pregnant...)
Me: God bless the five babies in Emma's tummy.
Emma: I think God's laughing at me right now!

I think so too... God loves children.

Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Matthew 18:3
And he {Jesus} said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!