Monday, September 12, 2011

Felt Flower Wreath

Today, I brought both boys to the eye doctor... not fun. So I decided to do a fun little project during nap time. I was inspired by Home Stories A to Z.



I literally spent $11 on the supplies at Michaels. (Everything was on sale!)

Here's what you need:
A wreath (I used a grapevine wreath)
Glue gun and about 20 mini glue sticks
8-10 pieces of felt in fun fall colors
Berry stems (optional)



The first step is to cut a square of felt. Then, round the corners until you get a circle-ish shape. Next, cut a spiral, getting bigger as you go. Leave a little circle at the end. That's where you'll glue it all together.


Wrap, wrap, wrap and glue. Squeeze it all together to make sure all the sides get glued.


I also made some little leaves and glued a trio of smaller flowers together.


Once it's all made, position them on the wreath. I wove in some berries first, but they are totally optional. When you like the look, glue them to your wreath.

Ta-Da!


I hung mine with some leftover burlap. So pretty!
Not a bad way to spend an hour. Hope you give it a try.


For more creative wreath ideas, check out The Nesters wreath linky party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!