Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 12: Popcorn Garland


It's the last day of Christmas Crafts! The final project is a sweet little popcorn garland. I had a lot of fun making this with my kiddos. Well, they had fun eating the popcorn while I made it. :)

MATERIALS: 
2 bags of plain popcorn (no butter)
Needle & Thread


STEP 1. Make the popcorn and set it outside to get stale (it also keeps your family from eating it).

STEP 2. Once the popcorn is a little stale and not so crumbly, it's ready. Thread your needle, but leave one end attached to the spool. Push the popcorn on the needle and down the thread. It's pretty easy. 

You don't want to let the garland get too long, because it will start getting tangled. If you were putting this on a tree, I would make two or three separate ones. 


I love the idea of doing this every year. It feels so traditional and nostalgic. Another plus -- it costs almost nothing to make! 

Well, that's it for the 12 Days of Christmas Crafts. If you've enjoyed this series, please let me know by leaving a comment. I'm going to make some changes to the blog next year, and I'd love any suggestions you might have on how to make the blog better. 

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!