Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 6: Pipecleaner Ornament



Today's craft is pretty much copied from Martha Stewart's website. But they are so easy to do! I didn't have very high expectations for this project, and I was really surprised at how good they look on my tree. 


MATERIALS
Long cardboard tube (I used an empty wrapping paper roll)
Silver pipecleaners
Scissors
Hole punch

STEP 1. Flatten the tube and cut five one-inch pieces. Just estimate. In each piece, punch a hole about 1/4 inch from the edge.

STEP 2. Thread the pipecleaner through one side. Twist closed and cut off the excess.


STEP 3. Use another pipecleaner to thread through the outside holes. Twist closed. You'll probably need to bend it into shape a little so it looks pretty. Thread a ribbon through one side to hang. Done!


These are so charming. I made five of them for my gargantuan tree. Tomorrow I'll show you how to make a Poinsettia Pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!