Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 5: Paper Doily Ornaments



Today's craft is super easy and inexpensive. You need very few materials and can make it in minutes.


MATERIALS
Small doilies
Cardstock (I used ivory, but would be pretty with a contrasting color)
Thin Ribbon
Glue gun or craft glue
Scissors
Brown paint pen
Template for your circle (I used a jar lid)

STEP 1. Find a circle that is just a little larger than your doily and trace circles on your cardstock. Carefully cut it out. 

STEP 2. Glue your ribbon hanger about 1/2" down on your cardstock. Write a Christmas world with your paint pen. I used joy, peace and love. Don't stress over making it perfect!


STEP 3. Lightly glue your doily to the center of the cardstock, and you're done!

The pictures don't really do this craft justice, but here's a few shots of them on my tree and as gift tags on presents.




I hope you'll stop by tomorrow for another creative project!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!