Saturday, December 17, 2011

Day 8: Paper Garland


It's day 8 of our series, and I hope you're done with all of the bustle and can just enjoy the next week. I'm done shopping (mostly), wrapping and pretty much done decorating. Today's Paper Garlan project is really simple. I've seen them on Pinterest, but this is my version. :) 


MATERIALS:
12" Scrapbooking paper (about 3 sheets)
Twine
Scissors
Ruler
Pencil


STEP 1. Lay out your grid of triangles. This looks tricky, but I promise, it's not bad. I made my triangles 3 1/2" wide by 3 1/2" tall. To start mark three horizontal lines on your paper 3 1/2" apart, starting at the edge. Now, along the first horizontal lines, start at 1 3/4". Mark 3 1/2" inches from that spot. Along the next horizontal line, mark 3 1/2" spaces, starting from the edge. Use your ruler to connect your lines. You should be able to figure it out from there! I'm not a math whiz. Cut out your triangles.

STEP 2. Take your hole punch and punch a hole in each side. Use that piece as a guide, and punch holes in the rest of the triangles. 

STEP 3. Thread your twine through so it shows in the front. Leave about 2 inches between each triangle. You may find that strings of 7-8 are easier to hang than longer ones. Also, leave about a foot of excess on the ends before you cut it. Once you have your garland on the tree, you can position the flags and move them around so it looks good.


Here's a couple of pics of the garland on my tree. I thought about adding words like "Merry Christmas" on it, but I decided to keep it simple. I think that would be cute though. I could also see this on a mantel. 


I hope you give it a try! Stop back tomorrow for another creative idea for your home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Doing More Than Laundry!

I also write a blog about design and my furniture business:
The Little House. Check it out!